Everybody wants instant results while achieving any goal including weight loss and achieve it as effortlessly as possible, right?
The problem is that usually achieving any significant result while achieving any goal is not so easy for us.
All good things such as good long-term relationships, business, health take some time and consistent daily work to achieve good results.
Standard weight loss methods are hard for the majority of people.
That’s why in this article we’ll see what is NEAT, how is it different from standard methods like diet and exercise, is it easier and how you can lose weight with NEAT based on scientific research.
What is NEAT?
NEAT or Non-Exercise Activity Thermogenesis is the expenditure of energy that is secondary to movement beyond purposeful exercise and resistance training activities.
Sounds like gibberish to you too? Well, actually it’s quite simple. NEAT is the energy expended for everything that is not sleeping, eating, or sports-like exercise.
For example, NEAT activities involve walking, climbing stairs at work or any recreational community place, fidgeting, singing, laughing, cleaning, standing, etc.
How to lose weight with NEAT?
Well, it’s quite simple. For example, you can just start using stairs instead of an elevator.
One study says that by avoiding sitting, promoting motion, and engaging in simple, repetitive, and creative activities, a significant amount of extra calories may be expended that can reduce weight and perhaps prevent the cardiovascular and metabolic complications associated with obesity. 
Studies say that NEAT represents a substantial component (∼30–60%) of total energy expenditure (EE) and the majority of nonresting EE. 
So, if you want to lose weight but for some reason you don’t want to or can’t go to the gym then you can just start implementing NEAT into your daily lifestyle to help control your weight.
So, what is NEAT and how to lose weight with NEAT? NEAT or Non-Exercise Activity Thermogenesis is basically all energy expenditure except sleeping, eating or intentional exercises. Some studies show that NEAT can help with losing weight and keep it off after losing it. To implement or increase NEAT into your daily lifestyle you can simply start walking more, standing more instead of sitting or using stairs instead of an elevator.
Enjoy your life, keep going and being the best version of yourself,
P.S. If you want to get my top science-based recipes that can be cooked in less than 30 minutes each and find out how science-based nutrition can prevent the most common diseases, improve your overall health and help you live longer then you can click here to learn more.
If you don’t want to miss my other articles then click here to subscribe to my Telegram Channel or use the form below to subscribe to my email newsletter.
You can read some of my other latest articles as well:
- Is having 6 pack abs healthy based on science?
- Does listening to music help with stress based on science?
- Why go vegan and 5 easy steps how to go vegan for beginners
- Is soy healthy based on science or does soy cause cancer?
- 5 healthy vegan salad recipes (oil-free)
- Animal vs plant protein. Which protein is best for health and strength based on science?
- 4 easy vegan pie recipes (+1 bonus recipe)
- Vitamin B12 recommendations based on science
- What is a superset and should you do supersets based on science?
- Top 10 vegan burger recipes
- Can music improve athletic performance based on science?
- How many sets should I do to build muscle based on science?
- Science-based iodine recommendations
- Should you train to failure based on science?
- How much protein can your body absorb in one meal based on science?
- Top 10 motivational quotes
- Omega-3 fatty acids recommendations
- What is the best training frequency for building muscle based on science?
- Best plant-based protein foods
- Happy New Year 2023!
- Does meditation help with stress and aging based on science?
- Is salt healthy based on science?
- Foods to improve performance in sports
- Healthy foods that last for a long time without a fridge
- Science-based macronutrient recommendations for athletes
- Top 7 healthy nuts to eat based on science
- Vitamin D recommendations, dosage, its impact on health
- How to live longer by increasing telomere length
- Healthy beverages based on science
- Recipe: whole wheat no-yeast vegan pizza dough
- What is NEAT? How to lose weight with NEAT?
- Are calcium supplements safe based on science?
- Are nuts good for weight loss and health
- 4 simple steps how I gained 1.5 kg (3+ lbs) per week healthily and how you can too
- Top 5 foods to avoid for weight loss and health
- Is fasting safe for weight loss and health?
- Top 10 healthiest berries
- Does healthy mindset really help improve our results (science-based)?
- Are potatoes healthy for you based on science?
- Is HIIT better than cardio based on science?
- What’s the best nutrition tracker app in 2023?
- How to build good habits in 4 simple science-based steps
- What are the scientific benefits of exercise?
- Are eggs healthy for us based on science?
- How to lose weight in 4 easy steps (science-based)
- Is keto diet safe and effective way to lose weight?
- Cardiovascular disease risk factors and treatment
- Is coffee healthy or does it increase the risk of diseases?
- Is laughter the best medicine?
- Can diet prevent and treat diabetes?
- The best way to lose weight: diet, exercise or both?
- How to live 10+ years longer in 4 easy steps?
- Which diet is the healthiest: omnivorous, vegetarian, vegan?