There are a lot of reasons why you might want to have foods that can last for a long time without a fridge. For example, maybe you already have a full fridge and there’s no room for more foods but you still want to have some food supply or maybe you just want to make some emergency food supply if something goes wrong.
So, that’s why in this article we’ll find out healthy foods that last for a long time without a fridge.
Healthy foods that last for a long time without a fridge:
1. Legumes (beans, chickpeas, lentils, etc.)
Legumes are packed with protein and other nutrients. Lentils are my favorite because they can be cooked fast compared to other legumes and they are also delicious and very healthy.
Legumes can usually last for 1 year or more at room temperature or in the pantry. 
2. Nuts and seeds (almonds, peanuts, sunflower seeds, etc.)
On average nuts and seeds can last for about 4 months. Some of them such as sunflower seeds can last for about a year and some other nuts and seeds (such as flaxseeds) can last even more. 
3. Whole grains (groats, oatmeal, etc.)
Whole grains can usually be stored for years as long as they are kept dry and sealed.
4. Flavorings and Condiments (Herbs and spices, salt, vinegar, etc.)
Almost all of these can last for years unopened. Once opened, most condiments will keep for 1 month (or even 1 year) without refrigeration.
5. Some vegetables (onions, garlic, etc.)
Whole, raw onions will last about 1 month in the pantry or at room temperature and about 2 months if refrigerated. 
Garlic lasts about 1 month in the pantry. 
Some other sources though say that garlic can last about 4 months at room temperature in a dry place.
A whole, unpeeled garlic head can last up to six months. An unpeeled clove that has been separated from the head, meanwhile, will stay good for about three weeks.
Once you peel garlic it will last for about a week. If you chop or mince garlic it will last about 24 hours in the fridge.
6. Sweeteners (maple syrup, etc.)
Most sweeteners can last for years or even indefinitely if unopened. 
So, what are healthy foods that last for a long time without refrigeration? Well, some of these foods are legumes, nuts and seeds, whole grains, sweeteners like maple syrup and condiments like vinegar.
P.S. If you want to learn more about other vitamins, what are their recommended dosages based on science, get healthy meal plan examples, my top science-based recipes that can be cooked in less than 30 minutes each and find out how science-based nutrition can prevent and treat the most common diseases, improve your overall health and help you live longer then you can click here to learn more.
If you don’t want to miss my other articles then click here to subscribe to my Telegram Channel or use the form below to subscribe to my email newsletter.
You can read some of my other latest articles as well:
- Top 10 motivational quotes
- Omega-3 fatty acids recommendations
- What is the best training frequency for building muscle based on science?
- Best plant-based protein foods
- Happy New Year 2023!
- Does meditation help with stress and aging based on science?
- Is salt healthy based on science?
- Foods to improve performance in sports
- Healthy foods that last for a long time without a fridge
- Science-based macronutrient recommendations for athletes
- Top 7 healthy nuts to eat based on science
- Vitamin D recommendations, dosage, its impact on health
- How to live longer by increasing telomere length
- Healthy beverages based on science
- Recipe: whole wheat no-yeast vegan pizza dough
- What is NEAT? How to lose weight with NEAT?
- Are calcium supplements safe based on science?
- Are nuts good for weight loss and health
- 4 simple steps how I gained 1.5 kg (3+ lbs) per week healthily and how you can too
- Top 5 foods to avoid for weight loss and health
- Is fasting safe for weight loss and health?
- Top 10 healthiest berries
- Does healthy mindset really help improve our results (science-based)?
- Are potatoes healthy for you based on science?
- Is HIIT better than cardio based on science?
- What’s the best nutrition tracker app in 2023?
- How to build good habits in 4 simple science-based steps
- What are the scientific benefits of exercise?
- Are eggs healthy for weight loss and in general based on science?
- How to lose weight in 4 easy steps (science-based)
- Is keto diet safe and effective way to lose weight?
- Cardiovascular disease risk factors and treatment
- Is coffee healthy or does it increase the risk of diseases?
- Is laughter the best medicine?
- Can diet prevent and treat diabetes?