A plant-based diet is the healthiest diet according to scientific research . But like any other diet it contains healthy foods and not so healthy foods. For example, we can eat French fries only and it will be a plant-based diet but not the healthiest one. So, in this article let’s find out what are the healthiest nuts based on science.
So, here is the list of top 7 healthy nuts to eat based on science :
On the graph below you can see Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity (antioxidant capacity) of nuts:
So, nuts are healthy for us based on scientific research. If you want to learn more about some of the benefits of nuts and their impact on our health then you can click here to read my article about it.
Nuts are rich in protein, fiber and other vitamins and minerals. Scientific research shows that some of the healthiest nuts to eat are pecans, walnuts, hazelnuts, pistachios, almonds, peanuts and cashews.
P.S. If you want to learn more about other vitamins, what are their recommended dosages based on science, get healthy meal plan examples, my top science-based recipes that can be cooked in less than 30 minutes each and find out how science-based nutrition can prevent and treat the most common diseases, improve your overall health and help you live longer then you can click here to learn more.
If you don’t want to miss my other articles then click here to subscribe to my Telegram Channel or use the form below to subscribe to my email newsletter.
You can read some of my other latest articles as well:
- Science-based macronutrient recommendations for athletes
- Top 7 healthy nuts to eat based on science
- Vitamin D recommendations, dosage, its impact on health
- How to live longer by increasing telomere length
- Healthy beverages based on science
- Recipe: whole wheat no-yeast vegan pizza dough
- What is NEAT? How to lose weight with NEAT?
- Are calcium supplements safe based on science?
- Are nuts good for weight loss and health
- 4 simple steps how I gained 1.5 kg (3+ lbs) per week healthily and how you can too
- Top 5 foods to avoid for weight loss and health
- Is fasting safe for weight loss and health?
- Top 10 healthiest berries
- Does healthy mindset really help improve our results (science-based)?
- Are potatoes healthy for you based on science?
- Is HIIT better than cardio based on science?
- What’s the best nutrition tracker app in 2022?
- How to build good habits in 4 simple science-based steps
- What are the scientific benefits of exercise?
- Are eggs healthy for weight loss and in general based on science?
- How to lose weight in 4 easy steps (science-based)
- Is keto diet safe and effective way to lose weight?
- Cardiovascular disease risk factors and treatment
- Is coffee healthy or does it increase the risk of diseases?
- Is laughter the best medicine?
- Can diet prevent and treat diabetes?
- The best way to lose weight: diet, exercise or both?
- How to live 10+ years longer in 4 easy steps?
- Which diet is the healthiest: omnivorous, vegetarian, vegan?